Bangladesh 'monitoring' Sri Lanka before July cricket tour

DHAKA: Bangladesh Cricket Officials Said Wednesday That They Were Keeping Security In The Holes Sri Lanka In The Aftermath Of Last Month's Terror Attacks And Prior To A Scheduled Tour Scheduled For July.

The National Team Narrowly Avoided Being Caught In The New Zealand Mosque Attacks Of March 15 That Killed 51 People.

Bangladesh's One-day International Series In Sri Lanka Was Scheduled To Take Place In July, Having Been Brought Forward From December.

But The Fate Of The Series Has Been Thrown Into Doubt Following The April 21 Easter Sunday Attacks In Sri Lanka Churches And Hotels That Killed More Than 250 People.

" We Will Not Say That The Series Is Uncertain, But We Are Following The Situation Through The Bangladesh High Commission And Our Ministry Of Foreign Affairs," Chief Executive Of The Cricket Board Nizamuddin Chowdhury Said.

" We Will Also See What Sri Lanka N Cricket Board Has To Say About The Present Situation," He Added.

The Players And Officials Of Bangladesh Came Within 50 Meters (yards) Al Noor Mosque In Christchurch In March Before A Suspected White Supremacist Ground Indiscriminately Shooting Muslim Worshipers.

They Were In The City To Play A Test Match, Which Was Promptly Canceled.

comments