How about a vacation that focuses on health and wellness?
Until now, the word vacation would bring images of having a glass of expensive sparkling wine while watching the snowy mountains or reveling in the stunning sunset on a beach. However, attitudes have changed and people are redefining the concept of vacations. They, now, want to return feeling healthier, fitter and spiritually richer! “Wellness retreats have seen great interest in recent years. Urban life is increasingly disconnecting from nature, forcing people to take breaks to reconnect with their surroundings. Just as children miss playgrounds, adults miss meaningful interactions with nature, animals, organic foods and the opportunity to create a family bond. At Fazlani Natures Nest, our equine therapy sessions, duck parades and organic food gardens have been immensely popular for the same reasons. With so many good options within manageable distances of Mumbai and Pune, welfare retreats in the region have done extremely well, ”says Hemant Bagga, CEO, Fazlani Natures Nest.
LET NATURE WORK WITH YOUR STRESS
Health vacations consist of spending time in nature and allowing your healing powers to work in your mind and body. A health center helps you get first. It takes you away from your hectic life and helps you reconnect with yourself, while placing your needs, desires and desires above everything else. The idea is to make you fall in love with yourself. After all, you as your top priority are not as selfish as it seems; In fact, it is the need of the hour! says Nikhil Kapur, founder of Atmantan Retreat, Pune.
Housewife Shalini Desai recently spent a few days in a health retreat near Lonavala and returned feeling rejuvenated. I recently visited Fazlani Nature's Retreat with my family and spent an exciting time on the property. In addition to showing off some of the dazzling views, the property has experiences that are not only beneficial for your physical health but also for your mental health. Equine therapy is a very shocking experience. Interacting with horses and learning the art of horse riding was a pleasant experience. In addition, there are several peacocks and peacocks around the beautiful property. These little things that bring you closer to nature, improve your vacation experience, says Desai.
FOCUS ON WELFARE Drinking and overeating during vacations increases toxic levels in the body. In such a scenario, a health/weight loss vacation that focuses on feeding it only with locally grown organic foods is ideal. I don't like the idea of feeling full and bloated after a vacation. Therefore, my husband and I often plan to visit health centers instead of opting for a glamorous vacation. Many properties in Maharashtra and its surroundings promote healthy eating. The food served in these resorts is tasty and attractive, with no unhealthy ingredients like sugar, maida, table salt, etc. , says marketing professional Jiya Sharma. Since most people visit a health retreat to relax completely, they do not want to undergo a strict diet nor are they denied the consumption of certain food groups. But at the same time, your goal is to feel lighter and better again. Therefore, the trick is to serve low-calorie, organic and fresh foods in controlled portions, says chef Sandeep Biswas.
The 5 best wellness retreats in Maharashtra
1. Fazlani Natures Nest: Located near Pune, this resort and spa with lake and wellness offers more than 50 therapies that include Ayurveda, Naturopathy, Chinese yoga treatments, equine and authentic dining experience from the farm to the table. Residents are also delighted with their daily parades of ducks that thrill both children and adults. Other mandatory activities are outdoor picnics, farm visits, rose gardens, pottery workshops, art classes and more.
2. Atmantan: Overlooking the beautiful Mulshi Lake, Atmantan is perched on a unique crystal hill. They offer a delicious spa kitchen to accompany the wellness routine. The property is also packed with top-notch fitness sessions!
3. The Ark Wellness Retreat: Libraries, herb gardens, ponds, pools, bicycles, board games and art decks await you at The Ark! The boutique wellness retreat is just 45 minutes from Pune and has luxurious ways to relax in the lap of nature. Its spa offers unique Ayurvedic and international therapies.
4. Basho’s Resorts: On the edge of Lake Mulshi, Basho’s offers a rustic escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. With a large pool, outdoor entertainment area and yoga sessions, Basho's is an affordable luxury that helps the mind and body relax after a long week.
5. Hilton Shillim Estate: Located in the lap of the Sahyadris, Hilton Shillim offers personalized Dharana wellness programs to meet all needs. Wellness activities such as yoga, meditation, conservation walks and cooking school make your time here extremely relaxing and rewarding.