WTA classification: teenager Coco Gauff rises to 71 after first victory in Linz
PARIS: American prodigy Coco gauff He continued his rise in the ranks of women's tennis on Monday when the WTA classification showed a rise of 39 places to number 71 in the world.
Gauff started last week in Linz at 110 and was originally ready for an early exit from Austria after losing in qualifying rounds before grabbing a lifeguard as a lucky loser.
He then beat the 2017 Roland Garros winner, Jelena Ostapenko, in the final for her inaugural title.
It marks a meteoric rise for the young American: at the end of 2018, she was 686 years old in the world.
Another good performance in Luxembourg this week could see her knocking on the door of the top 50.
There was no movement in the top 20 with Ashleigh barty keeping the number one place for another week.
Classification of the WTA as of October 14:
1. Ashleigh barty (AUS) 7,096 pts
2. Karolína Pliskova (CZE) 5,940
3. Naomi Osaka (JPN) 5.621
4. Elina Svitolina (UKR) 5,495
5. Bianca Andreescu (CAN) 5,041
6. Simona Halep (ROU) 4,962
7. Petra Kvitova (CZE) 4,776
8. Kiki Bertens (NED) 4,495
9. Serena Williams (USA) 3,935
10. Belinda Bencic (SUI) 3,848
11. Johanna Konta (GBR) 3,063
12. Sloane Stephens (USA) 2,818
13. Angelique Kerber (GER) 2,775
14. Madison Keys (USA) 2,767
15. Sofia Kenin (USA) 2,615
16. Aryna Sabalenka (BLR) 2,580
17. Petra Martic (CRO) 2,458
18. Marketa Vondrousova (CZE) 2,390
19. Elise Mertens (BEL) 2,290
20. Alison Riske (United States) 2,185