MS Dhoni will not be available for selection until November
NEW DELHI: Mahendra Singh Dhoni It will not be available for selection until November of this year, according to the Mumbai Mirror.
The former captain of India had previously missed the West Indies tour after taking a two-month break, which also meant that the series was lost at home against South Africa. The extension of the break means that the Vijay Hazare Trophy and the local T20I series against Bangladesh will also be lost.
This means that Dhoni would be available to play in India only in December when the West Indies tour the country for three T20I and the same amount of ODI. The series is scheduled to begin on December 6.
Dhoni had last played for India on July 10 when the Men in Blue lost to New Zealand in the ODI semifinal World Cup In England. His rest would effectively last almost six months.
This comes at a time when there has been speculation about the future of the 38-year-old in the team, especially with the preparation of the 21-year-old team. Rishabh pants as his replacement behind the stumps ahead of next year's T20 World Cup .
Recently, rumors about Dhoni announcing his retirement were circulating after the captain virat Kohli He tweeted a picture of him and Dhoni during a game with the legend: A game I can never forget. Special night. This man made me run like in a fitness test.
A game that I can never forget. Special night. This man made me run like in a fitness test 😄 @msdhoni 🇮🇳 https://t.co/pzkr5zn4pG - virat Kohli (@imVkohli) 1568267176000
When Kohli was asked about it at a press conference before India's first T20I against South Africa in Dharamsala, the boss said he had nothing in mind when he published the tweet.
I was sitting in my house and usually took a picture and it became news. I think it was a lesson for me, that in my view, the whole world doesn't think that way. There was nothing at all part of my imagination (which could be taken as a tribute to retirement) when posting that image on social media, he said.