All directly involved with Sri Lanka attacks dead or arrested

COLOMBO, Sri Lanka: Two Bomb Experts Were One Of The Suicide Attacks That Struck Churches And Hotels Easter In Sri Lanka And All Those Directly Involved In The Bombings Are Either Dead Or Under, Police Said.

Acting Police Chief CD Wickramaratne Also Said In A Statement Late Monday That The Islamic State-linked Group Stocked For Use In More Attacks Have Been Seized.

The Bombing Killed 257 People And Injured Hundreds At Three Churches And Three Hotels. Seven Suicide Bombers Died On Their Targets While Another Exploded His Device Later In A Guest House After It Failed To Detonate At A Leading Tourist Hotel. A Ninth Committed Suicide To Prevent Her Being Caught By The Police.

Police Have Detained 73 Suspects For Investigation Since The Bombings And Have Seized Stocks Of Explosives, Improvised Explosive Devices And Hundreds Of Swords. They Also Found $ 140,000 In Cash In Bank Accounts Connected To The Group And Another $ 40 Million Worth Of Assets In Land, Houses, Vehicles And Jewelry, Police Said.

Authorities Have Repeatedly Stated That A New Attack By The Extremist Group Was Possible.

Sri Lanka & Catholic Church Hierarchy Closed Churches For A Second Weekend On Sunday As Faithful Celebrated

But On Tuesday, One Of The Churches Targeted In The Attacks, St. Anthony & Shrine In Colombo, Opened Part Of The Building To The Public For The First Time Since The Bombing, Enabling Devotees To Pray Every Tuesday.

Catholic Schools Stay Closed After Reports Turned Out Two Of Their Locations Are Attacked Last Weekend

Government-run Schools Reopened For Students In Higher Classes Monday But Fewer Students Attended Out Of Fear.

Army Commander Mahesh Senanayake On Monday Urgent The Public To Resume Normal Activities And Trust In The Security Forces

`` I Ask The People Not To Fear Unnecessarily, Not To Believe Rumors ... Believe In The Tri-forces And Police That Defeated One Of Deadliest Terrorist Organizations He Said, Referring To Ethnic Tamil Separatists Who Fought A 26-year Civil War. The Conflict Ended 10 Years Ago.

The Air Force Warned Tuesday That It Will Shoot Down Drones In The Country & Airspace If Necessary, Saying They Are A Threat To National Security. Authorities Banned Drones After Last Month & Attacks, But Some Have Been Operated In Some Parts Of The Country, Air Force Spokesman Gihan Seneviratne Said.

comments