PKL: U Mumba and Puneri Paltan play a draw

BENGALURU U Mumba & Puneri Paltan shared the points after his Pro Kabaddi The league game ended in a tense draw 33-33 in the Sree Kanteerava Stadium Thursday.

Abhishek Singh clinched a Super 10 (11 raid points) for U Mumba as they clawed back from being six points down in the final five minutes to secure a crucial draw.

The game had a slow start with both groups of cautious assailants with the strong defenses they faced.

Nitin Tomar was bullied off the mat in his first raid of the match & that set the tone for the first half with both sets of defences performing admirable tackles.

Sandeep Narwal was in his 'beast mode' for U Mumba, while Pune's Manjeet showed his versatility as an all-rounder, pulling off impressive super tackles.

But Mumbai's raiders were slightly better on the mat & season two champions inflicted the first All-Out of the match in the tenth minute to open up a six-point lead.

Pune didn't lose their cool after the All-Out though & ensured they stayed in the game for the remainder of the first half. Mumbai led Pune 16-12 at half-time.

Pune, coached by former U Mumba star Anup Kumar, kept doing their work cleverly in the second half, & a smart move by young raider Pankaj Mohite -- jumping into the lobby when he saw the defenders rushing at him -- fetched his side three points & pushed the Mumbai teams towards an All-Out.

Pune secured the All-Out within five minutes after the restart to level the points at 20-20.

With Nitin Take injured, the raid tasks had fallen largely on Manjeet's shoulder, but the all-terrain was more than prepared for the challenge.

His three-point raid in the tenth minute meant U Mumba had to face another battle to prevent an All-Out - one which they failed with five minutes remaining to hand over a six-point lead to Pune.

But some clever raiding by Abhishek Singh, & a few miscalculated moves by Pune's defenders, allowed the Mumbai side to make a comeback & level the points in the penultimate move of the match.

Hadi Tajik stood firm in the final raid to see a draw.