Reliance announces JioFiber plans from Rs 699: everything you need to know
NEW DELHI: The telecommunications arm of Reliance Industries (RIL), Jio Infocomm, announced on Thursday the commercial launch of its home-based fiber service, JioFiber , in 1,600 cities in India.
With JioFiber, Jio continues to deliver on its promise of connecting the unconnected while bringing about transformational changes to Indian homes, the company said in a release.
JioFiber, India’s first 100 per cent ALL-FIBER broadband service, will start from 100 Mbps and go all the way up to 1 Gbps, it added.
JioFiber services will include ultra-high-speed broadband (up to 1 Gbps), free domestic voice calling, conferencing and international calling, TV video calling and conferencing, entertainment OTT (over-the-top) apps, gaming, home networking, device Security, VR experience and premium content platform, the company further said.
Monthly JioFiber plan rentals start from Rs 699 and go up to Rs 8,499 and even the lowest tariff comes with 100 mbps speed. Users can get maximum speed up to 1 gbps.
Here are JioFiber 's six monthly pre-paid plans:
* Bronze and silver
* Gold and diamond:
* Platinum and titanium:
In addition, the long-term plan (3, 6 and 12 months) comes with EMI schemes (equivalent monthly payment).
JioFiber 's welcome offer:
According to the offer, Jio mentioned that users will receive some exciting offers by opting for the annual JioForever plans that include the Jio domestic gateway (worth Rs 5,000) and the 4K decoder (worth Rs 6,400), TV ( in gold and higher), subscription to your favorite OTT applications and unlimited voice and data.
Speaking at the launch of JioFiber, Akash Ambani, director, Jio, said, The launch of JioFiber, with its revolutionary services is just the beginning of a new and exciting journey. As always, we will continue working hard to bring more such amazing services to your home and take Jio Fiber to the next level.
Sizes and offers of televisions under the welcome offer:
* According to the welcome offer, gold users will obtain a 60 cm (24 inch) HD TV, priced at Rs 12,990, while opting for the JioForever Annual Plan with a speed of 250 mbps, 12,000 GB of data at a cost of Rs 31,176 which translates into monthly EMI of Rs 1,299 for two years.
* Diamond users will also get a 60 cm (24-inch HD TV with a price of Rs 12,990) with a speed of 500 mbps, 15,000 GB of data at a cost of Rs 29,988 which translates into monthly EMI of Rs 2,499 for a year.
* When opting for the platinum plan, users will get an 80 cm (32 inch, Rs.2990) HD TV with a speed of 1 gbps, 30,000 GB of data at a cost of Rs 47,988 which translates into an EMI Monthly of 3,999 rupees for one year.
* Titanium users will get a 108 cm (43-inch HD TV, priced at Rs 42,990) with a speed of 1 gbps, 60,000 GB of data at a cost of Rs 1,01,988 which translates into a monthly EMI of 8,499 Rupees for a year.
How you can get JioFiber:
* Visit www.jio.com or download the MyJio application
* Register for JioFiber services (Check whether JioFiber is available in your area)
For existing JioFiber customers:
* For existing users, Jio will contact you to update their services.
* Download the MyJio application and follow the process
* On recharging, JioFiber user will get a Set Top Box