Myanmar village in the army lockdown 'almost no more food'

YANGON: Villagers Myanmar ' S Conflict-hit Said On Monday That They Are Faced With Food Shortages After Being Locked In For Nearly A Week By The Army, Which Killed Six People And Still Holds More Scores Against A Crackdown On Suspicious Rebels.

Thousands Of Troops Have Been Re-deployed In The State Of Rakhine, Where They Use Heavy Artillery Against The Arakan Army (AA).

The Insurgents Fight For More Autonomy For Ethnic Rakhine Buddhists In Violence That Has Forced Over December 30,000 People Out Of Their Homes

It Is The Last Unrest In An Area Characterized By Complex Ethnic And Religious Divisions In The Buddhist Majority Country.

The Same Northern Part Of The State Also Witnessed The Bloody Eviction Of The Military # 727 Of About 740,000 In 2017, Said One Campaigner.

Last Tuesday, Security Services Stormed The Kyauk Tan Village In The Rathedaung Township, Where 275 Men Were Divorced For Interrogation At The Local School.

Troops Admitted Killing Two Detainees Six Days Later And Injuring Another Eight Wounded, Claiming That The Men Were Trying To Attack And Disarm Them.

The Village Has Been Completely Closed Since The Raid And Various AFP Residents Called By Phone That Food Resources Were Dangerously Low On Monday.

Those Without Land Are" Really Struggling," A Woman Told AFP By Phone, Asking Not To Be Named, While Adding Villagers Bundled Their Meager Supplies.

Another Man Confirmed The Deficits Under The Army ' Bullying Tactics And Called For Help From The International Community '.

Rakhine State Legislator Tin Maung Win Told AFP That He Was" Very Concerned." About De Dorpsbewoners ' Plight Situation. He Planned To Visit The Village On Tuesday, But He Wasn't Sure That The Security Forces Would Let Him In After They Rejected Him Last Week.

Military Spokesperson Brigadier General Zaw Min Tun Denied That People Could Not Leave. People Can Move Freely, He Said, Adding That It Was Possible That Others Could Not Enter.

Access To The North Of The State Of Rakhine Is Highly Restricted, Making Independent Verification Difficult.

Zaw Min Tun Confirmed That Another 48 Detainees Were Released On Monday, Leaving Around 80 Still In Detention At The School.

They Warned Us That There Would Be Heavy Repercussions If We Were To Travel To Other Villages, Said Than Han Than, 22, One Of The Newly Released.

Than May Khin ' S Husband, Khin Maung Htay, Was One Of The Men Who Was Shot Last Week.

I Can't Forgive His Murder, The 38-year-old Widow Said.

Their Son - One Of Four - Left Just Before The Army Operation And Did Not Know His Father ' S Death, She Added.

The Murders Followed The Death In April Of Three Other Rakhine Ethnic Men In Military Detention.

Rights Groups Have The Military ' S Total Impunity Sentenced.

comments