Harmanpreet Kaur returns to Lancashire Thunders for Kia Super League T20

MANCHESTER: captain of the Indian women's team T20 Harmanpreet Kaur On Wednesday he enrolled in Lancashire Thunders for his second consecutive season with the club in Kia Super League.

Harmanpreet became the club's first overseas firm in the year, with two more additions to be announced before the start of the 2019 Kia Super League.

I am delighted to sign with Lancashire Thunder once again for the Kia Super League. I really enjoyed my first spell in Lancashire, they all made me feel very welcome and I have some great friends in the locker room, whom I can not wait for. Play with again, said Harmanpreet.

It is a very talented team and I know we will all be eager to go one more this year, after the disappointment of missing the Finals Day in 2018.

Harmanpreet had an instant impact on his debut in the Thunder last season, reaching 34 undefeated, including the game he won six in the Oval final, to defeat the eventual Surrey Stars champions.

The 30-year-old scored 164 runs in the tournament with an average of 32, her runs reaching an attack rate of 151.85, the highest on the Lancashire side.

She was captain of India at the ICC Women's World T20 in October 2018 and became the first woman to score a T20 century for her country.

Harmanpreet has a prolific T20 international record for India. In 96 games, he has scored 1910 races at an average of 28.08, including six-fifties and a century. She also rolls the breaks in her right arm and has claimed 25 windows.

Alex Blackwell said it's great to have one of the best T20 hitters in the world on the team once again.

Harmanpreet had a fantastic start last summer, staying nervous in the final to reach the winning races in Surrey after joining the team late, he said.

She also played a big blow in our victory of Roses against Yorkshire in Blackpool and I am sure she will be determined to show even more of her skills this summer.

comments