COVID-19: restart of Portuguese soccer established for June 4
LISBON: Portugal Primeira Liga will be able to restart the season from its forced suspension by coronavirus on June 4, the country football League announced.
We wish to guarantee stadiums are rigorously inspected and the professionals are tested. June 4 is the date when the 25th round of matches of Liga Portugal can resume, the league said statement said.
At the end of last month, Portugal 's Prime Minister Antonio Costa had announced the final weekend of May as the restart date for the country's top flight.
The Portuguese government has said that the last 10 rounds of the season, which were suspended on March 12, must be played according to strict medical protocol.
Players must pass coronavirus You try twice a week and the matches will be played in the fewest stadiums possible. Authorities will now identify on what grounds games can be played.
The league announcement comes a day after Benfica announced that its midfielder David Tavares had tested positive for COVID-19 .
Benfica said Tavares, 21, who is not a regular first-team player, was asymptomatic and in quarantine. His positive test follows Vitoria Guimaraes confirming three positive cases on Saturday and Moreirense one more.
The total number of positive cases in the Primeira Liga is at least eight players.
Porto is the best in the league, one point ahead of the current champion Benfica, with Braga and Sporting Lisbon 13 and 15 points respectively.