AC Milan does not announce first team virus cases
ROME: AC Milan revealed on Saturday that none of its footballers or first-team personnel was positive for coronavirus , a day after the club president said that some players were recovering from the disease.
In a statement, the seven-time European champions said that based on medical tests conducted so far on both first-team players and staff, there has been no positive case of COVID-19.
Milan added that the team would continue the individual training programs they and other Serie A clubs had started this week in hopes of completing 2019-20 this summer.
On Friday, President of Milan Paolo Scaroni he told local media that some of the club's players were recovering from COVID-19, which has killed more than 30,000 people in Italy.
His comments came after Fiorentina, Sampdoria and Torino confirmed positive results for eight players.
On Thursday, the Italian sports minister Vincenzo Spadafora He had said he hoped group training could resume on May 18, but on Saturday he said the positive cases were not a good sign.