9 million people have downloaded the Aarogya Setu application: Government

NEW DELHI: About nine crore users have downloaded the mobile app and it has become mandatory for government and private sector employees to use it to reinforce efforts to combat the Covid-19 pandemic.

The Group of Ministers (GoM) on COVID-19 was informed about this on Tuesday by officials during its 14th meeting, in which it also discussed various aspects related to the performance, impact and benefits of the Setu application.

The government said on Wednesday that no data or security breach has been identified in Aarogya Setu after an ethical hacker expressed concern about a possible security problem in the application and was criticized by opposition Congress leaders. The mobile app helps users identify if they are at risk for COVID-19. It also provides people with important information, including ways to avoid and their symptoms. The GoM was informed that people have reported their health status on the application, which has helped track down those suffering from any symptoms of COVID-19 containment, the Ministry of Heat said in a statement Tuesday.

The GoM was also informed that a mechanism has been devised to reach people who have landlines or landlines through the Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) in local languages ​​for better results, said the Minister of Health of The Union that chaired the GoM meeting said use of technology is integral to the containment strategy and is helping states manage the deadly disease more effectively.

The Union Interior Ministry also said Friday that the mobile application will be mandatory for people living in COVID-19 containment areas. The use of will become mandatory for all employees, both private and public. It will be the responsibility of the head of the respective organizations to ensure 100 percent coverage of this application among employees, the ministry said.

On Tuesday, a French hacker and cybersecurity expert claimed that a security issue has been found in the Aarogya Setu app and that the privacy of 90 million Indians is at stake. In dismissing the claims, the government said that no ethical hacker has shown that any user's personal information is at risk.

The death toll from COVID-19 rose to 1,694 and the number of cases rose to 49,391 on Wednesday, registering an increase of 126 deaths and 2,958 cases in the last 24 hours since Tuesday morning, according to the report. The death rate of COVID-19 patients in India is around 3.2 percent, while more than 28 percent of all patients have so far recovered in the country, a senior ministry official said. of health. These can be taken as a positive effect of the blockade in the country along with cluster management and containment strategy, officials said.

comments