Railways subsidizing the 85 pc fare, only a few states governed by oppn made migrants pay: BJP

NEW DELHI: Rejecting as a lie Sonia gandhi The accusation that the Modi government is making migrants pay their train fare to return home, the BJP said Monday that some opposition-ruled states did so despite the fact that the railways had subsidized 85 percent of the cost. of the ticket, leaving only 15 percent for state governments.

The ruling party also accused the president of Congress of promoting the indiscriminate movement of people, which he said would lead to a faster spread of the infection as we saw it in Italy, and asked him if that is what he wants.

A group of BJP leaders, including its secretary general (organization) B L Santhosh, hit the opposition party over the issue, and its spokesman accused it of launching a disinformation campaign against the Center for malice.

" Sonia gandhi 's allegation against the central government that it is making migrants pay their train fare is misleading and a lie to spread confusion. Equally absurd and laughable is the claim that the Congress will bear the cost of their tickets," Hussain said in a statement.

It would have been better if he had asked states administered by Congress to pay the train fare, as states like Rajasthan, Punjab and Maharashtra are making politics about it, he said, claiming that it is the culture of the opposition party to sow seeds. of poison in society.

The counter-charge from the BJP came after Congress president Sonia gandhi hit out at the central government for "making migrants pay" their train fare and asked her party's state units to pick the tab.

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi He also hit the railroads, saying on the one hand he is looking for passageways for stranded people in various states, while on the other he is donating Rs 151 crore to the PM-CARES Fund.

In a series of tweets, the secretary general of BJP (organization) B L Santhosh said that the governments of Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Kerala alone made migrant workers pay Rs 1000 for the trip.

The Congress that runs the first, is a partner in the second, is the promoter of the third, wakes up early in the morning and issues a statement saying the party will pay for it, he said, digging into the rival party.

The governments of Tripura, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar and Jharkhand have paid the train fare, either for their state residents or for trains departing from their state, he said.

States in which these migrant workers have worked hard for days, months, and years have no responsibility, he questioned, saying that people should wake up before jumping to conclusions.

Hitting out at Rahul Gandhi, BJP spokesperson Sambit Patra tweeted, Rahul Gandhi ji, I have attached guidelines of MHA which clearly state that 'No tickets to be sold at any station'. Railways has subsidized 85%&stategovttopay15%.thestategovtcanpayforthetickets(madhyapradesh'sbjpgovtispaying).askcongstategovtstofollowsuit.

thebjpleaderfurtherclarifiedthatforeach'shramikexpress',specialtrainsthatarerunformigrantstotakethemtotheirplacesoforiginduringtheshutdown,therailwaysdeliverabout1,200ticketstothedestinationstategovernment.

stategovernmentsaresupposedtopaytheticketpriceanddelivertheticketstoworkers,hesaid.

hesaidthebjpgovernmentinmadhyapradeshisdoingsoandaskedrahulgandhitotellthecongress-ruledstatestofollowsuit.

targetingsoniagandhi,bjp's information technology department in-charge Amit Malviya tweeted, "Congress is obviously upset at how well India has handled Covid. "They would have ideally wanted a lot more people to suffer and die. Promoting indiscriminate movement of people would lead to faster spread of infection, just like we saw in Italy. Is this what Sonia gandhi wants?"

Hussain added that the Modi government has already taken a series of measures to help the poor, including presenting a rupee package of 1.70 rupees lakh.

comments