After the CRPF headquarters, the BSF headquarters was partially closed as evidence from the positive crown police chief

NEW DELHI: One day after the CRPF closed due to two positive Covid-19 cases, BSF headquarters at the same CGO complex also partially closed after a police chief attached to a senior officer tested positive .

Meanwhile, another BSF driver who drove the escort vehicle in an Inter-Ministerial Central Team (IMCT) carcade in Kolkata has tested positive for the pandemic. He had been reported ill on April 30, tested for Covid-19, and his result was positive on Sunday. About 50 of his contacts have been quarantined and forced to take the exam. Results are awaited.

The sources said that the infected did not come into direct contact with the members of the IMCT.

Back in Delhi, a BSF police chief who is on the staff of a senior officer was found positive Covid-19 on Sunday night. The last time he attended the office was Friday and he was working on the second floor of the BSF Force headquarters. About 5-6 of his primary contacts, including the senior officer he was linked to, have been quarantined and will be examined for Covid-19. His secondary and tertiary contacts are also being tracked.

Meanwhile, 10 more people from BSF tested positive on Monday.

With 12 recent infections, the total number of positive Covid personnel in the BSF is 66 so far, with 41 cases in Delhi, 24 in Tripura and 1 in Kolkata.

On Monday, the offices on the first and second floors of the BSF headquarters were closed as a precaution. The sanitization was performed and, according to protocol, the disinfected area will also be closed on Tuesday, although normal operation should resume on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, two more people have tested positive for the 31st Mayur Vihar-based CRPF battalion here. Of the 480 battalion personnel examined, 472 results are of which 137 are positive. Six results are still awaited.

On Sunday, two CRPF staff assigned to the force's headquarters, a bus driver and an AP from a DG-level special officer, tested positive, leading to the building's closure for sanitation. The disinfection was carried out on Monday through the headquarters and normal operation will resume only on Wednesday.