Railways issues guidelines for the operation of 'special Shramik trains'
NEW DELHI: On Sunday issued guidelines regarding the operation of '', deployed to transport workers, pilgrims, tourists, students and other people stranded in different parts of the country in the middle of their respective destinations.
Zonal railways will run these trains according to demand from the state administration.
According to guidelines issued by the Union Railways Ministry, railways will print train tickets to the specified destination based on the number indicated by the state of origin.
Local state government authorities will deliver the tickets to passengers and collect the ticket fare and the total amount of delivery to the Railways.
The most mentioned guidelines:
* All passengers will be required to wear face covers/masks.
* For trains with a long journey of more than 12 hours, the railways will provide a meal.
* Home states will provide adequate security at the designated station to ensure that only those passengers, who have been authorized by the state government to travel and have valid travel tickets, enter the station facilities.
* State governments will issue food and drinking water packages at points of origin.
* Upon arrival at their destinations, the state government authorities will receive passengers, who will make all arrangements for their review, quarantine (if necessary) and other trips from the railway station.
* The railways will be guided by standard measures of social distancing and safety at stations and on trains.
Special trains are running to transport migrant workers, pilgrims, tourists, students and others stranded in different parts of the country due to the blockade.
The national COVID-19 blockade, which was scheduled to end on May 3, has been extended for another two weeks until May 17.
Meanwhile, he said in a statement that in the continuation of the measures taken in the wake of COVID-19, it was decided that the cancellation of all passenger train services in India n Railways will extend until May 17.