Marnus Labuschagne ready for 'heaps of cricket' when sport resumes

SYDNEY: Australia's Marnus Labuschagne It is preparing for lots and lots of crickets once the COVID-19 pandemic subsides, the prolific first-order hitter said Saturday.

The global health crisis has halted international sports, postponing several bilateral cricket series and jeopardizing this year's Twenty20 World Cup scheduled for October and November in Australia.

There will be many routes that must be recovered. Labuschagne he told the Australian Associated Press (AAP).

MAJOR CRICKET-newMAJOR CRICKET-new

Brief notices

Explore the writings

There will be a lot of cricket in a very short period of time. We will be making up for lost time, that calendar will be full.

It will be a little different than what we are used to. We're going to have to be ready to come out of this break to play lots and lots of cricket.

The South Africa-born Labuschagne is probably best prepared for such a scenario, having been adjudged the busiest cricketer in an ESPNcricinfo analysis last October.

The 25-year-old has been a revelation since introducing himself as Steve Smith The concussion surrogate at Lord's in last year's Ashes series in England.

MAJOR CRICKET-new 2MAJOR CRICKET-new 2

In the subsequent series against Pakistan and New Zealand, the right-hander collided four centuries in five Trials, including a double hundred maiden in Sydney earlier this year.

Labuschagne felt his Glamorgan stint helped him improve as a hitter and he regretted not being able to meet with the county as professional cricket remains suspended in England until at least July 1.

I really enjoyed it last year. I loved Glamorgan, hence why I signed a two-year extension, he said.

It is disappointing to see them and England in trouble. It is our responsibility, overall, to make sure that once this period is over, we have games on TV and start the sport again. We need to support each other.

comments