Fellaini leaves hospital in China after coronavirus scare

SHANGHAI: former Manchester United star Marouane Fellaini He was released on Tuesday after three weeks in a Chinese hospital undergoing treatment. coronavirus said his club.

32 years old Shandong Luneng midfielder, the only known player who contracted the disease in the Chinese Super League (CSL) will now be quarantined for 14 days for further observation.

The Belgian international said on March 22 that he had tested positive for the virus, which had just returned to China, but assured fans that he felt fine.

While at the Jinan City Hospital, Fellaini posted videos of himself on Instagram working out in his room.

Brief notices

Explore the writings

Fellaini was evaluated and considered to have recovered, and was released today, Shandong said in a brief statement.

China, where the outbreak emerged in December, says it has curbed the disease at home, but is now worried about a second wave of infections abroad.

Fellaini's positive test hit CSL's hopes of starting the season anytime soon, after its start date of February 22 was postponed indefinitely.

Fellaini, also a former Everton member, joined Shandong of Manchester United in February last year for € 7.2 million.

He enjoyed a productive first season in China, scoring 12 goals in 34 games and providing five assists.

comments