Iran says virus deaths rise 125 to 4,357

Tehran: I ran on Saturday reported 125 new deaths of the novel, bringing the total number of victims in the Middle East to 4,357.

The Health Ministry spokesman said at a press conference that 1,837 new ones had been confirmed in the last 24 hours, bringing the total to 70,029.

I ran has carried out 251,703 tests for the virus so far, he added.

Of those admitted to the hospital, 41,947 have recovered and have been discharged, while 3,987 are in critical condition.

The update came as I ran starts reopening "low-risk" businesses in a bid to protect its sanctions-hit economy.

I ran announced its first coronavirus cases on February 19.

There has been speculation abroad that the real number of deaths and infections in the country could be higher.

In response to the health crisis, I ran shut schools and universities as well as cinemas, stadiums and revered Shiite Muslim shrines.

He also warned people to refrain from traveling during the Persian New Year holidays that ended last week.

The intercity travel ban remains in effect.

>

comments