Sebastien Ogier expects several races in 2020 despite coronavirus

Six times meeting world champion Sebastien Ogier expects several races to be held in 2020 despite the coronavirus outbreak.

The fifth and sixth round of the world championship in Portugal and Sardinia was canceled after the fourth round in Mexico was interrupted due to last month's health crisis.

Frenchman Ogier, who leads the drivers' standings, hopes to compete in Finland in August.

I don't think we can restart before Finland in August and that is the most optimistic scenario, he added. Toyota Driver told French sports newspaper L'Equipe on Thursday.

Brief notices

Explore the writings

La próxima carrera en el calendario es en Kenia del 16 al 19 de julio, pero el país de África Oriental canceló los vuelos y prohibió la entrada a personas de países afectados por el outbreak.

Ogier also believes that some races will not be held due to high travel costs.

All costly trips (to New Zealand or Japan) will be complicated because builders will be seriously affected by the situation and steps must be taken to reduce costs, he said.

I hope it is possible to have another five demonstrations, but I have no idea.

comments