Brave doctors reject attack in Indore, return to Tatpatti Bakhal for screening services
INDORE: Shaking off the trauma on Wednesday, the doctors brought a team of Covid-19s to the same location on Thursday to continue the work. This time, he showered apologies.
We will not accept defeat, said Dr. As she and her team, flanked by administrative officers and police, returned to Taat, which has been labeled an epicenter of Indore's coronavirus. They continued where they had left off the day before: on streets still bumpy.
Madhya Pradesh: Health workers on whom the locals threw stones yesterday at Tatpatti Bakhal in Indore, today v… https://t.co/ulg9DANDsx - ANI (@ANI) 1585841081000
Undeterred by the attack, a member of the health team, Dr. Zakiya Sayed said they are committed to carrying out their tasks of detecting people in the wake of the new coronavirus outbreak.
Stone throwing to health officials in Indore: They gave us a contact list of patients with Covid-19 and we were examined ... https://t.co/MQ4e8JJiW7 - TOI Indore (@TOIIndore News) 1585815549000
We had been working on detecting contacts for the past 4 days. But what we saw yesterday, we had not seen before. We have injuries but we have to do our job and we won't be scared, Dr. Sayed said.
In stark contrast to Wednesday's violence, people left their homes, profusely apologizing for the attack by a group of deceived youths.
We are sorry. We were in our houses when it happened. When we got out, it was all over, said one resident. When TOI arrived in Taat Patti Bakhal in the afternoon, four suspects had already been arrested and the health team was reviewing residents.
We're back at work, says brave Indore doctor
On the road where stones rained down on Dr. Tripti's team in Indore, there was emptiness and silence on Thursday.
Dr. Tripti told reporters that the situation was peaceful. “We have examined people in the area for 3-4 days without facing any problems. Yesterday, a large number of people suddenly attacked us, and we had to run for our lives, he said. Today we are back at work and we will continue to do this, he added.
The stones still covered the road, and the police patrolled in squads. A small group of older citizens greeted health workers, dressed from head to toe in protective clothing, and apologized for the incident.
“It was around 2.30 pm on Wednesday when we heard some screaming. We have been supporting health officials for the past eight days in their door-to-door survey. Yesterday, they visited another street, where people misunderstood their intentions, Mukhtar Mansuri, a local resident, told mediators.
It was a mistake to attack health workers, he said. We apologize on his behalf. We will continue to extend our support to the authorities, ”he said.
Health officials moved down the lanes and turnouts, escorted by the police, checking people for signs of Covid-19. Wherever the doctors went, residents came out to apologize.
Health and medical director Dr. Pravin Jadia said the local survey and detection process has resumed, with the support of the police. It is peaceful, he said. Around 54 people have been quarantined in the area.