Athletes Banned From Group Training As Italy Extends Blockade
ROME: Italian soccer players and athletes will not be allowed to train together, as Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announced the extension of the country on Wednesday. emergency shutdown until April 13.
All sport in Italy had been suspended from the beginning of March until April 3 as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
Conte said in a televised address to the nation on Wednesday that the emergency shutdown would be extended and would now also include training sessions.
Sports events and competitions of all kinds and disciplines are suspended, in public or private places, Conte said.
Training sessions for professional and non-professional athletes are also suspended within all types of sports facilities.
Athletes can continue training individually.
We are beginning to see positive results. If we begin to loosen our measures now, all our efforts will have been in vain, added the prime minister.