Case of death in custody in 1989: SC refuses to accept the statement of the dismissed IPS official Sanjiv Bhatt

NEW DELHI: On Wednesday, he refused to receive a statement from an IPS fired official seeking to examine 11 additional witnesses in a 30-year custody death case.

A holiday bank of the judges and Ajay Rastogi said that a bank of three judges had already approved an order on May 24 for a similar reason and, therefore, can not accept the request.

Chief defenseman Maninder Singh, who ran for the government, said the final argument ended in the 1989 death in custody case and that the trial court reserved its verdict for June 20.

comments