5 nutrients that increase immunity
1. Resveratrol: Foods rich in resveratrol, such as peanuts, pistachios, grapes, red and white wine, blueberries, blueberries, strawberries, and even cocoa and dark chocolate are beneficial. These help fight any fungal infection, ultraviolet radiation, stress and injury.
2. Star Anise - This flower-shaped spice contains shikimic acid which is used as the base material for the production of tamiflu, which is used for the influenza virus. It is super powerful since it is an antiviral.
3. Ashwagandha - Ashwagandha helps combat stress and improves strength, endurance, and energy levels.
4. Turmeric: Turmeric is excellent for immunity and can be used in curries and can cure any respiratory health problem, including mucous problems that can become a breeding ground for bacteria and pathogens.
5. Minerals: minerals such as zinc and selenium should be included in the daily diet. They can be found in almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, unsalted cashews and unsalted pistachios.
Contributions from Dr. Sharad Kasarle, Food Scientist