I-League: East Bengal beats Real Kashmir in a bad temper clash

SRINAGAR: East bengal beat Real Kashmir 1-0 in a bad mood I-League clash in which two players from the home team and one from the visiting side were ejected on Monday.

The only goal was scored by the Spanish Victor Perez of a penalty in the fifth minute of additional time, which secured three vital points for the giants of Kolkata.

Unhappy with the general arbitration during the match, the management of the RKFC team then filed a complaint with the Football Federation of all India .

The match played at the TRC ground in front of 10,000 spectators saw three red and several yellow cards. RKFC's Danish Farooq, the local hero, and Kallum Higginbotham were sent off while Edmund Lalrindika was given the marching orders from the East bengal team.

Expressing his disappointment, the co-owner of Real Kashmir FC, Sandeep Chattoo, said: It is one of the most unfortunate losses for RKFC, where the referees failed us. The referee's bias was clearly visible.

We will appeal the arbitrator's decisions to the AIFF. The video of the match is there for anyone to see how partial the referee was, he said in a statement issued by the club.

With the win, East bengal rose to the second spot in the standings with 23 points from 16 matches, while fourth-placed Kashmir have 22 points from 15 games.

The victory for the Red and Gold Brigade means that Mohun Bagan now only needs two points to seal the league title, a feat they can achieve on Tuesday with a victory against Aizawl FC.

The first half was played mainly in the center. Half saw many heated moments, two yellow cards and one red card, all awarded to Real Kashmir.

Danish saw a second yellow in the 38th minute for diving simulation inside the opposition box. East bengal , with a man advantage for more than half of the game, dominated possession with 63 per cent of the ball.

The game resumed and Real Kashmir showed great resistance. The Reds and Golds had a good chance of a free kick that was given to them outside the Real Kashmir area.

However, the free kick was saved by goalkeeper Lachenpa. Shortly after, it was Bidyashagar Singh who gave a left-footed boost from a distance, but the Real Kashmir goalkeeper was able to deflect it for a corner kick.

In the last minute of the regulation time, the second half substitute, Lalrindika, had a chance from a distance, but before the disappointment of the visiting team, the shot was directly into the hands of the goalkeeper.

The work of the Red and Gold brigade was finally worth it at the time of the injury, since Juan Mera received a foul in the Loveday Enyinnaya area, which resulted in a penalty. Perez approached to launch the point shot and made no mistake when he crashed the ball at the bottom of the net to give his team the goal he needed so much.

After the goal, there was a drama on the field with players from both sides involved in a fight and the referee showed two red cards in the final minutes. Higginbotham and Lalrindrika were expelled in a rather dramatic ending.

RKFC's complaint included a statement from driver Riyaz Ahmed that he had transported the referees from a local hotel.

The driver claimed that the referees had a conversation to teach RKFC a lesson in Monday's game.

Former minister and senior politician Usman Majid, who witnessed the party, expressed disappointment with the arbitration.

The Kashmir people love sports, but they can't stand the traps, which was evident in today's game. I have not seen that sportsmanship has been reduced so much.

I ask the authorities to take strict measures against the referees who have given the game and the league a bad name, he said.