Coronavirus: 21 Italian tourists, 3 Indians sent to the ITBP quarantine center in Delhi
NEW DELHI: Twenty-one Italian tourists and three Indian tour operators have been sent to a facility in Delhi on Tuesday on suspicion of exposure, official sources said.
Health Ministry sources said these foreigners, 13 women and eight men, were in the same group of which an Italian and his wife tested positive in Jaipur, capital of Rajasthan.
His condition (Italian in Jaipur) is stable, a source said.
Three Indians, who accompanied this Italian group as tour operators, were also sent to ITBP facilities in the Chhawla area in southwest Delhi, they said.
All of these people, who are staying at a five-star hotel in southern Delhi, have been placed in preventive isolation at the ITBP camp and their samples will be taken on Wednesday, sources said.
The center already has 112 people, 76 Indians and 36 foreigners, since February 27 after being evacuated by an IAF plane from Wuhan in China, the epicenter of the coronavirus.
The first samples of these 112 people were negative when the reports arrived last week.