Government issues new notices, says anyone with a history of travel to China since January 15 can be quarantined
NEW DELHI: The government issued a new travel notice on Sunday asking people to refrain from traveling to China in view of an outbreak in their province of Hubei and said travelers returning from the neighboring country could be quarantined.
In its notice, the health ministry also said that anyone with a history of travel to China since January 15 could be quarantined.
The decision to issue a new travel notice was taken at a high-level review meeting held by the Cabinet Secretary on the preparation to treat the new coronavirus that has now been extended to 25 countries.
Secretaries of health, external affairs, home affairs, civil aviation, health research department and representatives of ITBP, AFMS and NDMA attended the meeting.
As on Sunday, 58,658 passengers from 445 flights have been examined for symptoms of nCoV. A total of 142 symptomatic travelers collected by the IDSP have been referred to the isolation facilities.
Up to 130 samples have been analyzed, of which 128 have been negative so far.
India has so far reported two positive cases of Kerala nCoV.
Two positive cases found in Kerala are being monitored and are clinically stable, the health ministry said.
The second batch of 330 passengers (including 7 citizens of Maldivan) arrived in India. Of them, 300 (including 7 citizens of Maldivan) are housed in the ITBP Chawla camp and 30 are in. They are being monitored effectively. Ministry said.
In addition, the trip to India with electronic visas has been temporarily suspended with immediate effect.
This applies to Chinese passport holders and applicants from other nationalities residing in China, according to the foreign affairs ministry.