Factbox: Australian Open champion Sofia Kenin
Factbox on Sofia Kenin who beat Garbine Muguruza 4-6 6-2 6-2 to win his first Grand Slam title in the Australian Open on Saturday.
Years : 21
Nation : U.S
World ranking : 15
Sowing : 14
Grand Slam titles : 1 ( Australian Open 2020)
ROAD TO THE END
First round : hit Martina Trevisan (Italy) 6-2 6-4
Second round : hit Li Ann (U.S.) 6-1 6-3
Third round : hit Zhang Shuai (China) 7-5 7-6(7)
Fourth round : hit Coco Gauff (U.S.) 6-7(5) 6-3 6-0
Quarter finals : hit Ons Jabeur (Tunisia) 6-4 6-4
Semifinal : hit 1-Ash Barty (Australia) 7-6(6) 7-5
MAKING HIS NAME
* Born in Moscow of Alexander and Lena Kenin
* The family moved to the United States a few months after their birth.
* He began playing tennis at the age of five, drawing inspiration from his father who had played recreationally.
* She started playing in United States Tennis Association (USTA) tournaments for children under 10 at the age of seven, and became the top ranked player in Florida in that division.
RACE TO DATE
* He began his professional career at the ITF circuit in 2013 and won his first two professional matches at the age of 14.
* He made his first appearance in the Grand Slam main draw at the US Open. UU. In 2015, losing his first game against Mariana Duque-Marino.
* He had a great season in 2018, reaching his first WTA semifinal at the Mallorca Open on grass.
* His performances improved further in 2019 and he won his first WTA singles title at Hobart International, where he did not lose a single set during the event.
* His best result in clay came in the French Open, where he advanced to the fourth round.
* She won her second WTA singles title of the year in Mallorca, before adding more cutlery in Guangzhou.
* She was chosen as the most improved WTA player of the year 2019, the first American to win the prize since Serena Williams in 1999.
*Kenin on Saturday became the youngest women's Australian Open winner since Maria Sharapova , who won in 2008 at the age of 20.