NEW DELHI: On the second day of the Budget session, the finance minister on Saturday presented the Budget of the Union 2020-21 in parliament.
Dressed in a yellow silk sari, Sitharaman continued the tradition he established last year of carrying the budget documents in a 'bahi-khata', leaving the leather briefcase he considered unfavorable.
On the first day of Parliament's Budget Session, Sitharaman presented on Friday the Economic Survey prior to the 2019-20 budget, which projects GDP growth from 6 to 6.5 percent in 2020-21.
This is what Sitharaman said when presenting the 2020-21 Budget:
Live plus * The finance minister presents the full budget of the second term of the government of Narendra Modi
* Sitharaman began his Budget speech by saying: Under the leadership of the Prime Minister, we pledge to present the people of India with all humility and dedication. People have placed their faith in our economic policy.
* The budget is to increase revenue, purchasing power
* GST has resulted in efficiency gains in the transport and logistics sector, Inspector Raj has disappeared, has benefited MSMEs. Consumers get an annual benefit of 1 lakh crore rupees for GST
* Los fundamentos son sólidos, asegurando la estabilidad macroeconómica. La inflación fue contenida, los bancos limpiaron y recapitalizaron. Las empresas proporcionaron salida a través de IBC. GST ha sido plus histórico
* During the maturation of GST, he faced some challenges. The GST Council has been proactive in solving problems during the transition. 40 crore returns have been submitted, 800 crore invoices were charged, 105 electronic crore invoices were generated, a new simplified refund was introduced as of April 1, 2020
* Integrated welfare schemes with direct transfer of benefits; Sanitation and water as a supply of basic needs; Health care through Ayushman Bharat; Clean energy through Ujjwala and solar energy; Financial inclusion, credit support, insurance and pension plans for vulnerable sectors of people; Digital penetration with broadband and UPI and affordable housing through PMAY
* There are two transversal developments: the proliferation of technologies such as analysis, machine learning, artificial intelligence, bioinformatics and the maximum number of people in the productive age group. The efforts we have made over the past five years and the enthusiasm and energy of our youth are the engine of our growth.
* The budget has been woven into three threads: aspirational India; Economic development for all; Ours will be a solidarity society
* Committed to double the income of farmers by 2022
* is to increase people's income and improve their purchasing power