Pakistan withdraws Naseem Shah from the U19 World Cup team
LAHORE: sixteen years Pakistan pacemaker Naseem Shah He has been retired from the next ICC U19 World Cup to be played in South Africa from January 17 to February 9. In an official statement, the Pakistan Cricket Board ( printed circuit card ) announced that Mohammad Wasim Jr It has been named as Shah's replacement.
The board said it adopted a pragmatic approach and decided to withdraw Shah, who has already had an impact on senior male cricket, after having played three tests with a five-wicket course also in his name.
The ICC U-19 Cricket World Cup is a stepping stone for future stars and a platform for budding youngsters to graduate to international cricket. Naseem has recently broken that glass ceiling and has established his credentials as an international cricketer," printed circuit card Chief Executive, Wasim Khan, said.
"This should not deter Pakistan 's chances at the ICC U-19 Cricket World Cup as the selectors have picked a side that is experienced and bubbling with confidence to perform strongly."
He further said that the right-arm pacemaker will remain in Pakistan and continue to work on his skills under bowling coach Waqar Younis. Furthermore, he will remain available for the home series against Bangladesh.
Shah made his international debut for Pakistan 's senior team in Australia in November last year.
Wasim Jr took three wickets each in the ACC Asia Cup and on the South Africa tour. He also pocketed seven wickets on the Sri Lanka tour. On the national circuit, he played a one-day U-19 match, in which he pocketed three wickets, while he won seven wickets in three three-day U-19 matches.
Pakistan , the 2004 and 2006 champions and three-time runners-up of the U-19 World Cup, are placed in Group C of the 16-team event and will play Scotland in their opening match on January 19.
Pakistan 's second match will be against Zimbabwe at the Witrand Oval on January 22, while their third and final group match will be on January 24 against Bangladesh.