Pune: a woman pushed from the fourth floor of the KP building after a fight dies

PUNE: A 22-year-old woman succumbed to multiple injuries she suffered after a man pushed her from the terrace of a four-story building in Koregaon Park after a fight around 3 am Monday.

The man, Asraf Ilias Sayyed (30), then called one of his friends to the site. The duo placed the woman's body between them on a motorcycle and drove towards the Holkar Bridge, where they threw him into the Mula River.

Upon returning home in Bopodi, the man entrusted the incident to his mother. Then, his mother told his brother the same and the latter approached an official of the city crime branch and told him about the incident.

On Tuesday night, a crime branch team, led by ACP Shivaji Pawar, arrested Sayyed, an assistant at a doctor's clinic, for murder and attempt to destroy evidence. His accomplice was arrested for questioning.

Police said the cause of the dispute that led Sayyed to allegedly kill the woman was being determined.

Initially, Khadki police had registered a case of accidental death after the victim's body was recovered from the Mule on Monday morning.

Police investigations revealed that the woman's husband (hidden name) had abandoned her two years ago after a year of living after marriage. She came from Bopodi, but recently moved to Yerawada. His father passed away two years ago. His mother stays in Kamshet.

The inspector of the crime division, Anjum Bagwan, said: “On Sunday, the woman had gone to Bopodi to meet some old friends and family. She contacted Sayyed there. The same night, while going to his home in Yerawada, Sayyed offered him a ride under the pretext that he was also going in the same direction. Along the way, the two engaged in a friendly conversation and even waited a considerable time in Shah Dawal Baba Chowk to talk. ”

Bagwan said: “Later, they decided to go to a residential building on Lane No. 7 in Koregaon Park, where one of Sayyed's relatives is staying. Sayyed told him that very few people stay in the building, that he has no security guard, and that his relative had also left. Upon arriving there, they proceeded directly to the terrace and resumed their conversation. Some time later, their conversation became a heated argument and they slapped each other. Enraged Sayyed pushed the woman from the terrace to the ground floor.

Police said Sayyed ran downstairs to check the status of the woman. Realizing that she had died, he called his friend to help him get rid of the body. No one in the building or the town had the slightest idea that the woman had fallen, police said.