KTM 390 Adventure presented at India Bike Week
GO TO: KTM on Friday he announced the launch of 390 Adventure in the India Bike Week here, marking the brand's entry into the emerging adventure motorcycle market in India.
The 390 Adventure has been conceptualized to address this trend and has been specifically designed for adventure trips, while also a great trip for use in the city. The bicycle has an improved suspension with 170 mm of wheel travel in the front and 177 mm of wheel travel in the rear, tires with knots for all-terrain use, 200 mm high ground clearance, windshield Extendable and a protective plate.
KTM 2 (1)
Visually similar to the championship winning KTM -450 Rally, the bike derives much from KTM 's legacy in Rally Racing in terms of chassis, profiling and several specs such as a larger fuel tank, ergonomics and wind protection to ensure a steady, safe and easy ride in corners and on the street. The KTM 390 Adventure is aimed squarely at motorcyclists who desire a bike to handle short and long tours alike, traversing tarmac roads as well as all kinds of offroad stretches like gravel, slush, water crossing or sand. The bike builds on the versatility of the KTM 390 Duke Engine - A state-of-the-art DOHC single cylinder head technology, derived from KTM's high-performance race models and electronics such as EFI and ride by wire, results in 43 horse powers and 37 Nm of torque.
The Electronic Control Unit (ECU) controls a large number of electronic aids such as the Motorcycle Traction Control (MTC) sensitive to the angle of inclination that allows better traction on land and loose gravel surfaces, ABS in the curves it provides a safer and sharper ride through the curves, ABS offroad for better braking on low traction surfaces, and Quickshifter + for a smooth shift up and down without clutch, all well displayed and retransmitted by the TFT screen at all colour. These aids work perfectly to ensure a feeling of optimal control and come into play in the most difficult situations.
* State-of-the-art DOHC engine with electronic fuel injection and cable driving throttle response offering 43 hp of power and 37 Nm of torque
* Light weight steel trellis frame with KTM’s signature die cast, open lattice swingarm offering precise stiffness and excellent flex characteristics
* Front fork WP APEX inverted open cartridge 43 mm with 170 mm travel
* WP APEX rear shock absorber assisted by high quality gas with 177 mm of travel with progressive spring and preload adjustment
* Dual channel brake systems with curved ABS and Bosch Offroad ABS
* Quickshifter + for a smooth shift up and down without clutch
* Motorcycle traction control with tilt angle sensitivity
* The multifunctional board with full color TFT display is bright and clear.
* Fuel tank: 14.5L
* LED headlights and LED daytime running lights