Religious leaders minimize Babri's demolition anniversary
AYODHYA: Both Muslim and Hindu religious leaders are talking about minimizing the anniversary of the demolition of the Babri, now that the Supreme Court has pronounced its verdict on the dispute.
While the police do not risk it, an official said the security agreement in the temple city is similar to those prior to the day of the South Carolina trial, religious organizations have said the December 6 anniversary will be discreet.
While the right-wing Hindu organizations celebrated the day when a mafia demolished the structure on the site in dispute, some Muslim groups regretted it.
This time, although the AIMPLB said a sad day would be observed, he added that it depends on the individuals.
Vishwa Hindu Parishad has also decided not to observe the 27th anniversary of the demolition as Shaurya Diwas.
Yaum-e-gham (day of sadness) will be observed, wherever it was observed last year. And it is up to people to observe it or not, said Zafaryab Jilani, head of the AIMPLB office.
VHP spokesman Sharad Sharma said: There will be no public function. People can light ground lamps in various temples. Seers also believe that the truth has triumphed, so there is no relevance of the celebrations.
On November 30, Nyas chief Mahant Nritya Gopal Das had also appealed against Shaurya Diwas's observation, saying he had no relevance after the court's verdict.
Maulana Shafique Alam of Terhi Bazaar Masjid, who is very close to Ramjanmabhoomi, said Thursday that Friday prayers will be held at the mosque at 1 p.m.
150 to 200 Muslims are likely to attend, he said.
Recalling the events on November 8, one day before the trial court gave its verdict, Shafique Alam said: There are about 40-50 Muslim families in this area, of which 30 had sent their women to other places . Some economically well-off people too displaced before the Supreme Court ruling.
Most of them returned after November 14. There were no clashes, but people felt sad about the trial. I also went to my hometown in Bihar's Gaya and returned on November 19, he said, adding that the police were very helpful. .
However, he blamed outsiders for vitiating Ayodhya's atmosphere, saying that his Hindu neighbors were very friendly.
Even during marriage or any other celebration in their homes, they turn off the music system during Namaaz, he said.
Meanwhile, security is strict in the city of the temple and a senior official said the arrangements are similar to the plan they had devised for November 9, the day the trial court pronounced a verdict on the land dispute. Ramjanmabhoomi-Babri Masjid.
The security plan for December 6 will be a continuation of the plan we had devised for November 9, the Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) PV Ramasastry told PTI, adding that the precautions they took were the same They had adopted. on the day of judgment
Ayodhya Ashish Tiwari's SSP said the entire district had been divided into four zones, 10 sectors and 14 subsectors.
Up to 78 sandbag positions have been established with armed police there. Barriers have been established to control traffic. Up to 269 police pickets have been established in sensitive areas, Tiwari said.
The SSP added that 305 troublemakers had been identified and actions were being initiated against them.
In addition to this, nine rapid response teams have been deployed.
To combat any emergency situation, five arrest groups were formed in addition to 10 temporary prisons, he said, adding that anti-sabotage teams were checking hotels, dharamshalas and other public places.
He said people had been appealed to immediately inform the police about any suspicious activity or people.
The public had also been asked not to be a victim of rumors and to maintain harmony, he said.
Emphasis was placed on confidence-building measures, the SSP said, adding that they had contacted saints, merchants and academics about it.